After all that this guy has done and after all the tainting that Serial Abuser Chris Brown has done to the industry, it's amazing how he is still popular.
I know this topic has been done by many, including Gus Johnson, but it's now Serial Abuser Chris Brown's birthday and his fans are in full swing.
Here's just a short list of everything publicly he's done wrong:
- He beat Rihanna nearly to death 
- He stormed off set and broke something when asked about that assault 
- Stole someone's phone just for taking pictures of him 
- Shoved someone in a club so hard she needed surgery 
- Picked a fight with Frank Ocean over a parking space and threatened to kill him
- Arrested for Assualt after a fight infront of a DC hotel 
- Violated the rehab program's rules 
- Named in a battery case, only dropped because victim declined to press charges 
- Serial Abuser Chris broke a woman's phone after she refused to leave his bus as well as throwing her out 
- Accused of punching a woman in the face and taking her phone during a private party 
- Manager accused him of attacking her 
- Threatened a woman with a gun and arrested after hours long police standoff 
- Sucker punched a photographer 
- Sent threatening text messages to an ex-girlfriend 
- Detained in Paris after woman says he raped her *
- Paris Rape accuser says he forced her to take cocaine and raped her multiple times *
*This is still an open case. Not much is known except French (like American) police must release someone if there is no evidence in a certain time period. That time period is 24 hours unless proper cause is determined to extend to 48 total hours. This is why Brown was able to leave the country after a few days.
I'm just gonna say, how is this guy still popular? He's been to jail for assault more times than I've gotten an A on an exam. And this is just what we know about. What else is there that isn't public?
Edit: Sort by controversial if you want to see some stupidity.
Edit 2: Since apparently people are questioning the motive:
I didn't plan this for days or anything. I literally saw his name trending on Twitter at ~3pm today and said "Hey, isn't this guy a major duche canoe? Let's remind the world of him shall we?" A quick google search later, I found 3 articles that were compiled lists of things he's directly done wrong. For years that were missing from the lists, I did a different search specifically for that year. I checked every post on this list. They all happened. At this point, it doesn't matter why they happened because I'm pretty sure there's 0 excuse for a police standoff outside your own home right? Or am I just crazy?
IDK. I don't have a motive in this other than to remind the world that this guy exists. If people in other industries can be torn down by ONE accusation (see Toby from Tobuscus) then why is Brown still thriving when he's got over a dozen under his belt? And to make it even worse, most of them he's been officially convicted of. Like, spent time in jail, convicted.
I seem to have made my point. Anything that's not ^ was purely coincidental or made up by you. It was not my intention and likely never will be. I've read every top level comment that's been responded here. All 1.5k of you or something.
I know we can "separate the art from the artist" but that doesn't make much sense does it? In other industries, people accused of harassment lose their jobs and have their careers stripped without being proven guilty. Meanwhile, Serial Abuser Chris Brown here (and others in the music industry) are perfectly fine with beating and raping people and still being praised as a "king/queen" or "hero." It's disgusting. We need a Weinstein era purge of the music industry. Get rid of these garbage humans. Most of the time, they're only useful for their voice and lots of people have those.
You know what, screw it. I'm going to start addressing him a "Serial Abuser Chris Brown" now. Not just "(Serial Abuser) Chris Brown."